Topic: Valhalla 4 announcement
this year Valhalla is opening its gates for anyone who would like to publish their material on a high-quality, old-school ezine.
- new infection techniques on old/new file formats
- POC viruses/worms for every kind of platform that allows self-replication (can you write the finest old-school virus for a mobile device?)
- POC viruses in new programming languages or languages that were not used before for viruses 
- cryptography: new encryption/decryption techniques applied in viruses/worm
- innovative ways of polymorphism/metamorphism
- new spreading techniques for worms using modern network-technology (not lame exploits)
- ideas/techniques for autonomous learning for self-replicating codes
- ideas for information transfer (communication) between independent viruses
- out-of-the-box thoughts on self-replication
: SPTH has made a list of many programming languages that have been used in virus writing, and listed some that not yet. That's a great starting point. Can you take the challenge?
This time we will take more time, and give people more time to work on their stuff. There is a lot of complex projects that require it. So, this year the deadline is 1st of November 2013.
The material you send to us is subject to our AI automated analysis, that works better than any anti-virus automated testing of samples. We have no restriction in the format, but we must be able to handle it from the HTML viewer.
For comments, questions and contributions you, can contact here:
05/08/2011 - Valhalla #1
- world's first cross-platform virus using Heaven's Gate, W32/W64.Heaven by roy g biv
- world's first cross-platform infector for 010 Editor scripts, W32/1SC.To_Be by roy g biv
- world's first JScript virus using Prototypes to run the code, JS.Protato by roy g biv
- virus that apply evolution based ideas from microbiology, W32.Evolus by SPTH
- polymorphic virus via overlapping code, W32.Kitti by SPTH
- virus that uses complex mathematical methods for decoding and tau-obfuscation, Matlab.MicrophoneFever2 by SPTH
- world's first EPO virus using Exception Directory, W64.Haley by hh86
- cross-platform virus, first attempt to a single code path, W32/W64.Sofia by hh86
- world's first virus encoded using Intel MMX "MASKMOVQ", W64.Sigrun.A by hh86
- world's first virus encoded using Intel MMX "PMOVMASKB", W32.Sigrun.B by hh86
and much more!
15/03/2012 - Valhalla #2
- world's first truly polymorphic Batch virus, BAT.Polymer by roy g biv
- self-emulating virus, W32.Evenstar by mos6581
- world's first virus encoded using ENTER instruction, W32.Fizzy by hh86
- world's first virus encoded via INT 3 and CALL, W32.POSEY by hh86
- first cross-infector that infects 4 different languages by SPTH
- virus that autonomously learns new anti-emulation tricks, W32.Addisco by SPTH
- virus that uses subtle side-effects of flags for mutation, W32.Filly by SPTH
and much more!
21/12/2012 - Valhalla #3
- world's first metamorphic JScript virus, JS.Transcriptase by SPTH
- world's first virus using GPGPU for decryption, W32.OGLe by roy g biv
- world's first virus using Virtual Code in Windows 7, W32.Relock.B by roy g biv
- world's first infector using CFF Explorer scripting language, W32.CFFe by hh86
- world's first virus using inline JScript for decryption, W32.Unit00 by hh86
- world's first virus using debugging for decoding, W32.Atlas by hh86
- world's first virus using Intel AES-NI for decryption, W32.Sigrun.C by hh86
- world's first virus using Waveform Audio API for RNG, W32.Wave by (o)
- world's first Java JAR infector using JavaCompiler, Java.JavaInfector by R3s1stanc3
and much more!
PS: pr0mix has announced that _they_ are releasing an ezine (EOF4?), most likely in October. Check out his post: http://vxheaven.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2197