Topic: How to remove Gruel

So I got bored and decided to infect an 2002 xp laptop with gruel. Yea. Anyway, No matter how hard i tried I could not remove gruel. I noticed that I could open files, but not direct exes. So I took and random file and clicked open with and selected rkill. What that did was reset all .com, .exe, and .bat thingies(anything that changed those. It picked up the change exe that gruel did and fixed it. Then, I installed MBAM and cleaned everything up. It still has the IE window name thing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: How to remove Gruel

It's easy to remove Gruel. And why did you post it here? It's not like we're running XP except for when testing or trashing something, and if we WERE running XP on our boxes why would we deliberately run Gruel? And in a VM just restore a state or reformat, which is no biggie because VMs are cool.

I like to examine and theorize about everything, from Amazon's <quote> impenetrable </quote> ultravisor to autorun viruses (virii?) being technology's version of an STD (Slot Transmitted Disease).
I dabble in Python 2.x and non-stereotypical BATCH (x>50 lines). I also fuck up VMs from time to time.

┬──┬ ︵ /(.□. \)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well first, I didn't know where to post it
second, I was bored and my disc drive was broken.
Third, I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work on other versions of windows
fourth, If its so easy to remove like you say, tell me how.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Step 1: Infect PC with Gruel.
Step 2: Use bootdisk to disinfect drive.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

This is the easiest way to do it. There are other ways, but this works well.

I like to examine and theorize about everything, from Amazon's <quote> impenetrable </quote> ultravisor to autorun viruses (virii?) being technology's version of an STD (Slot Transmitted Disease).
I dabble in Python 2.x and non-stereotypical BATCH (x>50 lines). I also fuck up VMs from time to time.

┬──┬ ︵ /(.□. \)

Thumbs up Thumbs down